Release Notes - November 18, 2022
If you have ever hosted a custom lobby for Fortnite, you’ve had the honorable task of simultaneously moving MANY parts with very little room for error. Tournament organizers often encounter a lot of stress maintaining competition integrity while also providing a smooth experience for their players.
We know, because today’s update is one of passionate demand by our operations team.
Fortnite Scoring Tool for Automated Reporting
Earlier this month, we expanded game account linking to include Epic Games IDs, Summoner Names, and Riot IDs. Not only was this update to make player verification easier and free of errors–it also was a stepping stone to enabling our Fortnite Scoring Tool for automated reporting. This one-of-a-kind feature will continue to evolve
How It Works: Users
Users can prepare for their Fortnite gameday by making sure their Epic Games ID is properly linked to their LeagueSpot profile. At least one player per team must link their Epic Games ID for their team to receive their points.
Log onto your league page and visit your Profile Settings. Under GAME HANDLES, select LINK next to Epic Games ID.
You will be redirected to the Epic Games website. Sign into your Epic Games account and authorize LeagueSpot.
Once you successfully log-in, you are returned to your LeagueSpot profile where your Epic Games ID will be listed.
If needed, you can delete and relink your Epic Games account via your LeagueSpot profile.
How It Works: Hosts
Note: Your Epic Games account must be granted access by Epic Games in order to create and host a custom private lobby. For more information about gaining access to creating custom lobbies, visit Epic Games' website.
- Create a Fortnite Leaderboard stage within your designated season.
- On game day, create your Fortnite lobby code.
- Distribute your code to your teams, using LeagueSpot's Match Chat and by selecting 'ADD LOBBY INSTRUCTIONS' on your match page.
- Host your Fortnite lobby in the game client, remaining in the game until the 'VICTORY ROYALE' is awarded.
- Once the game is complete, return to the Fortnite lobby. Return to your LeagueSpot match page.
- Select 'SUBMIT SCORES' for the corresponding game.
- In the pop-up window, click 'SELECT REPLAY FILE AND/OR SCREENSHOT(S) (OPTIONAL)'
- Select the corresponding REPLAY file from your game files.
- Upon successful upload, you'll see a report underneath 'SCORE DETAILS.'
Reviewing Fortnite Scoring Details
When at least one player per Fortnite team has successfully linked their LeagueSpot profile, their scores from the custom match will show next to their team name. There are three different types of indicators next to each Fortnite players name that designates their Epic Games ID status:
- Checkmark in circle (green): This user's Epic Games ID account is successfully linked.
- Exclamation mark in triangle (yellow): This user's Epic Games ID account needs to be relinked in order to verify their in-game identity. Only this user can relink the account from their LeagueSpot profile.
- Exclamation mark in circle (red): This season requires all participants to link their in-game names in order to be checked in. Only this user can link the account from their LeagueSpot profile.
If there's ever an error, hosts can reprocess scores directly from the match page.
Our Fortnite Scoring Tool is an experimental feature that will continue to evolve. As with its design and implementation, we'll stay closely connected to organizer feedback and game client updates when iterating the tool. Let us know directly how we can adapt our Fortnite Scoring Tools or any other features to meet your gaming needs by joining our Discord server!
Interested in using our Fortnite Scoring Tool for your next event? Get in touch with a member of our team by scheduling a call or connecting via email@example.com.